Sutton Men’s Outdoor 90th Anniversary – 1928 - 2018
Bournemouth - Sunday 9th September to Friday 14th September 2018
Organised by David Goldberg, Men’s Outdoor Captain, 2018 and June Hope
This Tour was the first “Sutton Bowls Tour” organised to mark the 90th Anniversary of the Men’s Outdoor Bowling Club. Bournemouth was chosen as the climate is generally good, travelling time from Sutton is reasonable and there is a wide choice of hotels and bowling clubs in the area. The hotel was selected from several visited in the summer. It is a four star hotel located on the beach front by the pier. I would like to thank June Hope who has offered great advice and help in this Men’s Outdoor Club 90th Anniversary and she has kindly accepted to continue helping to ensure the event is a great success.
The itinerary in outline was as follows:-
- Sunday 9th September – 52 seater coach from Club in morning to arrive at the hotel mid-afternoon – rest of day at leisure.
- Monday 10th September – Morning at leisure – coach to Richmond Park BA
- Tuesday 11th September – Morning at leisure – coach to Brockenhurst BC
- Wednesday 12th September - Morning at leisure – coach to West Moors BC
- Thursday 13th September – Early Coach to Swanage BC with free time in Swanage
- Friday 14th September – Early Coach to Boscombe Cliff BC for morning game and afternoon depart Hotel by 52 seater coach. Plan to arrive in Sutton late afternoon/early evening.
The chosen bowls clubs provided a variety of local clubs and some a bit further afield. With 6 mixed rinks each day, players were assured of at least 3 games and there are many locations to visit in the surrounding area for those who were not bowling or having a day off.
There was also entertainment provided on Monday and Wednesday evening.
A great tour, thouroughly enjoyed by all who attended and hopefuly more tours will follow.